Introduce yourself

Sign In Forums Passion Profile Short Course Introduce yourself

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Kristen W

Hey Kat! So excited to have you in both the PPVE and the PPSC! 🙂

I really love these intentions you’ve set for why you’re taking this course and what you hope to get out of it. Setting intentions like this can help you get the absolute most out of the experience, so I’m glad you took it upon yourself to do that! I’d be curious for you to check back in with these intentions after you’ve completed the PPSC to see how different you feel.

Thanks for sharing, and I’m glad you’re here!

Jessica R
    Participant

Hello! My name is Jessica and I am an 18-year-old freshman in college. I am a thriver and I’m from Texas. Everything on my passion profile literally describes me, especially the part that says that I am very indecisive. And that is why I signed up for PPSC. I feel an enormous amount of pressure to pick a major and I am not necessarily passionate about anything. I don’t know what I like and I don’t want to pick a major that I really hate and that will lead me to work at a job that I hate for the rest of my life. I’m currently a Computer Information Technology major, and I hate it. I just realized that I don’t want to be working in a job where I am isolated from people working on a computer for the rest of my life. I don’t even like computers that much. I mainly picked it because it has a good job outlook, and it pays really well. I want a career that won’t give off too much pressure, and it’s for a cause or a company I ACTUALLY care about. I also want something that will allow me to have some time for family and play time. I also want something that pays really well. I hope I will get some guidance that will lead me to pick the right major.

Jessica R
    Participant

Oh and something that doesn’t have a routine every single day. I like adventure and variety.

Kristen W

Hi Jessica!

I have to say — I’m really impressed by how self-aware you already are at 18! I wasn’t thinking nearly as far ahead as you are at that age, so you’re ahead of the game in a really great way! Because you’re already so committed to finding a career path that will allow you to have the kind of lifestyle you want after college, I have total faith that you’ll be able to make that happen. The key is to use these next few years in college to understand yourself in a deeper way than you ever have before.

The beauty of being in college and not having to make a career decision right this very minute is that you have space to experiment, try things, and change your mind. That’s what I would have you really focus on over the next few years before you graduate. Don’t feel like you need to make every decision perfectly right now — it’s perfectly OK to try things, realize you don’t like them (like your Computer Information Technology major right now), and change course. If you view college as a space where you have freedom to explore and discover who you are and what you love, you’ll feel SO much less pressure to “get it all right” immediately.

You’re in such a great place, and you’re asking all of the right questions. So glad to have you here! 🙂

Nakia T
    Participant

Peace&Blessings – I Am Nakia. I came across your Passion Profile Quiz via LinkedIN (Way to go to ALL parties involved! Including the random person who posted the quiz). This experiment in self-awareness has been great – not quick, not easy, but definitely GREAT! I am a Tribe Member, through and through. But I look forward to exploring where/when passion profiles overlap. Who knows what I will uncover next. Thank you, Ladies. I enjoy the conversation-reflective tone of the videos in the course. It works well for me; I feel compelled to answer your questions and consider your observations because you don’t sound like make-believe gurus, but real people offering real, practical, sound direction. Thanks again. n.a.k.i.a.

Kristen W

Hi Nakia! So happy to hear that you’re getting so much clarity, self-awareness, and enjoyment out of this course so far! It means a lot to hear that the style and content of our videos resonates so well for you. What a huge compliment! You’ve made my day.

I hope you’ll come back to share more of your progress as you finish up this course and start putting it into action! Here’s to hoping that this helps you discover your dream job that fully supports your Tribe Member nature! 🙂

Liz F
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Liz and I’m a speaker/ freelance writer in upstate New York. I learned about the Clarity on Fire short course through the Clarity on Fire newsletters; I love reading the newsletters and find each and every one of them to provide actionable and valuable advice.

I’m coming to the course because I’m at a career transition that feels really thorny to me. I am ready to transition out (truth translation: QUIT!) the full-time freelance work I’ve been doing for years. My dream is to open a chain of thrift stores, but I’m not quite in the right place in my life to do this. It’s time for me to find a full-time job while I get my ducks in a row and save some startup capital, and I am pretty clueless as to where to start.

So grateful to have this course as a resource!

-Liz

Kristen W

Hi Liz! So glad you’re here, and I love that you get so much out of our weekly emails. 🙂

I can definitely see how the transition you’re in right now feels murky and overwhelming. It sounds like you know what you’d really LOVE to do (what an awesome idea to open a chain of thrift stores!), but in the meantime, you need/want to find the right kind of job to bridge the gap to your ultimate goal. I hope this course helps you better define what type of bridge job would suit you in the short-term, as well as how you can structure you future business(es) to best align with your Passion Profile and the kind of lifestyle you want.

Enjoy!

JillLowenstein
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Jill, and I’m currently a Commercial Real Estate Broker living in Denver. I’ve been in Real Estate for about a year and a half, after living in Chicago and being in the Corporate world/Fashion Industry for 10 years.

I decided to make the move for both personal and professional reasons, but have come to realize that I love living in Denver, but miss A LOT of aspects of my previous job/career, and dislike A LOT of things in my current one.

I took the quiz, and I’m a Tribe-Member. This describes me to a “T,” and re-confirms everything that has been going through my mind in regards to what I want and don’t want within a job/career.

With that being said, I’m feeling very stuck because what I don’t know is the direction or specific job/career I want to pursue. This is hopefully where you will come in, and provide some insight and clarity.

Looking forward to hopefully having an “a-ha moment” where I can feel confident in moving in a direction that I can be excited and passionate about.

– Jill

Kristen W

Welcome, Jill!

As you go through this course, I think it’ll become increasingly obvious why you’re feeling so frustrated by your Real Estate job and why you miss so many parts of your old job.

Tribe Members place a huge value on purpose and people when it comes to their work, so if you don’t feel like what you’re doing is making a big difference or if you’re not working with a great team or community … your job is likely going to feel flat.

Then, once you get to the “Making it Real” video toward the end of the course, you’ll get LOTS of tools for clarifying what would be a much better fit for you.

I hope you’ll come back and share some of your “a-ha moments” here as you work through the course! 🙂

SarahWeatherford
    Participant

Hello! My name is Sarah, I am 28 and from Kentucky! I am a thriver with pieces and parts of other profiles too! I wanted to join the PPSC because I have always felt lost when it came to finding happiness in my career! Taking the Passion Profile and listening to your webinars I realized I am not the only one who doesnt love the job everyone says I should! I am looking forward to learning more about myself and how to get started living everyday and not just after 5 and on the weekends!

Kristen W

Hi Sarah! Really glad you’re here. 🙂

You’re SO not the only one who feels the way you do about your job. Hopefully going through this course and reading the other comments in this forum will validate that even more. As a (mostly) Thriver, you just have a different relationship to your job than other people might think you “should” have — and that’s 100% OK! You’ll get a much better sense of how you can either start shifting your current job to line up better with your Thriver-ness OR, if that’s not possible, how to find a job that’s a better fit all around as you work through the PPSC.

Can’t wait to hear how this goes for you!

Jen H
    Participant

Hi! My name is Jen and I’m a Firestarter, but after listening to the Tribe Member audio, I think I might be a combination of both. I’m 31 and live in New Jersey and I’m currently working as a civil engineer. I finally decided to do this course because as much as I love being an engineer I’m not really fulfilled by it and dread going into the office most mornings. And this feeling has only gotten worse since I changed jobs a little over a year ago. I’m hoping that this course will put me in the right direction as to finding how to combine my passion with my job and help me to fill more fulfilled!

Kristen W

Welcome Jen!

It makes sense that you might be a combo of Firestarter and Tribe Member — they have a few big overlapping qualities, especially in how they want to combine work & passion. I have a feeling that, as you start to get clearer on your top values in this course, you’ll get a lot more clarity about WHY your current and previous jobs lack the fulfillment you’re looking for … which will make it MUCH easier for you to discern what would be a better fit for you. I’d love to hear how you’re feeling once you’ve fully worked through the course!

AmberDuffney
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m Amber and I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I came across your website when I was doing a google search for “finding your passion”. When I did the Passion Profile and got my profile answer as Firestarter I was floored at how accurate that is for me! I just finished listening to all four profiles and plan to take a break right now but realize I have been a FireStarter acting like a Side Hustler based on the advice of some other side hustlers and lo and behold, I burnt out! Imagine! Lol! I am grateful to have found your site and look forward to completing the course and finding out exactly how to find my passion and pursue it. Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.