Introduce yourself

Sign In Forums Passion Profile Short Course Introduce yourself

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Annabelle
    Participant

Thanks so much! I love that. I’m only part way through the course but already excited by the aha moments!

Rachel E
    Participant

That’s great to hear, Annabelle! Keep us posted! πŸ€—

MPi
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Mary. I took the quiz because I love quizzes and was fully prepared to take in the results with a grain of salt and a smile πŸ™‚ Instead, I found a powerfully illuminating guiding light..it was life changing in that funny, slight turn kinda way. I got Thriver as my result. Nothing drastic initially, of course, but since I took the quiz, then bought and finished the PPSC a couple months ago my whole career direction has fundamentally shifted.

I have been working, mostly unhappily, as a Machinist for about 5 years now. I knew I had made a mistake somewhere because I could never find a shop I liked even though I was really proud of myself for what I had accomplished. The context was always wrong for me. A concept I never really knew how to put into words before this course. It was too stressful, too repetitive and frankly, way too unkind. Its a male dominated field and I just felt a consent sense of being ‘less then’. I made the decision to quit my current machinist gig (last day is march 25th!!) and try to leverage the hard earned skills into a position that I can have as my sugar daddy! I loved that about my profile in the audio and I come back to that idea often..! I have interviewed with a handful of companies and said no, which is crazy! I never said no before to a job..i was always just happy to take whatever. I want to work in the Space industry and because of this course and the helpful guidance of the workbook, I have sussed out a plan of action and its working! I applied for a job I was only somewhat qualified for and am well into the interview process.

I have high hopes but even if this job doesn’t work out, this whole process have given me the courage to be more authentic in my job searches and just that is enough to go on about. Thank you very much! There is this quote that I was reminded of when doing this work. ‘A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch but on it’s own wings.’ I am really happy I took that quiz… Thanks again!

MPi
    Participant

Oh, that’s crazy! I completely forgot I wrote a little blurb on here already! That was a kind of strange before and after…I do feel like I have shed many skins from just Dec to now. I was looking back through the other stories and stumbled on my own, thinking “that’s weird that sounds like m….wait a minute!

Anyway, I have come a long way from that overwhelmed, unhappy place and am on my way to bigger and brighter things! Thanks for the sweet response to my first post!

Kristen W

Hi (again) Mary! πŸ™‚

I actually kind of love that you wrote this new intro post before remembering that you’d already written one back in December, because it shows even more clearly how much has changed (and how much YOU’VE changed) in just a few short months!

There are so many things I love about your update, but most of all I’m happy that understanding your Thriver profile has helped you get clarity around what’s most important to you work-wise (and life-wise) so you can make the right changes that will fit those needs/desires. And speaking of changes … yay for quitting a job that wasn’t right for you and making moves in a new direction!!

Also, THANK YOU for being such a powerful example to others that you do NOT need to be 100% qualified for a job to be seriously considered (and possibly even get an offer). So many people hold themselves back because of that, so I’m beyond happy to hear that you didn’t let that stop you. Please keep us updated on how the job search goes! πŸ™‚

-Kristen

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.