Share your experience

Sign In Forums Passion Profile Short Course Share your experience

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Clarity on Fire
    Keymaster

Share your personal story, challenges, successes, “ah-ha” moments, and updates here.

Theodora U
    Participant

Thanks Ladies,

I started to cry when you went in depth about my thriver profile, and knowing my deepest passion is simply being alive.

Definitely signing up for the next course!

Theodora

Kristen W

That’s amazing, Theodora! When the tears start flowing, you know you’ve hit on something deeply true and powerful.

Isn’t it such a relief to let go of trying to make your passion fit into a specific box? To know that it’s perfectly OK (totally natural, even) if your passion is simply living life? So freeing!

I’m so glad you shared this with us! Can’t wait to see you in the Passion Plan Virtual Experience next month. 🙂

Kellie F
    Participant

I’ve being given a lot of well-meaning advice to either a) find my one true passion or b) focus on finding a stable career so I can do my passions on the side (as if there would be time for them all). What a huge relief to realize that those people just had different values than I do. As a Side Hustler, I’m not crazy for jumping between so many things and that it’s not wrong to resent giving all of my time and energy to one job I don’t care about. Wow.

Kristen W

Kellie, I can’t tell you how happy it made me to read your comment! The massive relief you feel when you realize that you have total permission to be who you are and want what you want — well, that’s the entire reason we came up with Passion Profiles (and really, Clarity on Fire) in the first place.

You’re 100% NOT crazy for feeling resentful of the idea of picking just ONE thing to build a career around, and in fact, a solid 1/4 (or more) of the population are Side Hustlers. So you’re in good company! If you want to piece together a career from a combination of part-time jobs and side creative ventures, that’s just as legitimate of a career as any other, no matter what anyone else says. There’s absolutely no “right way” to work. Any way that you choose to fund your life that makes you happy and fulfilled is valid!

I really appreciate you sharing this with us!

Lindsey F
    Participant

I’ve been going through this course rather slowly. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to sit down on a Sunday afternoon and get through the entire thing. I’ve loved the experience so far, but one thing that I’m frustrated with (not with the course, with myself) is that I have a hard time talking about myself and thinking about myself. A lot of the questions and prompts in the Workbook have left me stumped. Sometimes I sit there and stare for minutes because I’m not sure what my answer is or what my response is– I REALLY have to think. Answers have not come as easily as I would have hoped. So that in itself has given me a lot to think about. Regardless of how much time this is taking me, it’s a positive challenge because it’s forcing me to get to know myself better. My New Year’s Resolution this year was to do just that: be more selfish, take more time for me, do some yoga, meditate, slow things down, and make an effort to find myself or get a little closer to finding out who I really am. This has been a rock solid step in the right direction. I think going slow and consistent with this course is the right way for me to tackle this. And at the same time I’m savoring the process because it’s been fun!

Kristen W

Hey Lindsey! First of all, I’m really glad that you’re pacing yourself through this course. Some people may like to push through it all in one sitting (and that’s perfectly fine!), but I’m with you — I like to make my way slowly through things like this to give it time to settle into me.

Also, I want you to know how incredibly NORMAL it is to feel stumped by these kinds of questions. The vast majority of people are not used to this level of introspection and deep questioning … and why would they be? Daily life doesn’t call for you to think and talk so deeply about yourself! In fact, most of us are taught that spending time just focused on ourselves is “selfish,” so it’s no wonder you’re out of practice doing it. I love, love, love that your New Year’s Resolution was to be more selfish and take more time for yourself (I totally want to redefine the word “selfish” because it’s gotten a bad rap!). You’re right, taking a course like this is absolutely a solid step in the right direction because it’s asking you to look more deeply into yourself than you’re used to doing. Just make sure that in those moments when you’re drawing a blank on how to answer a question, you don’t hate on yourself or feel down — instead, remind yourself that you’re actively doing the inner work that most people never prioritize. Plus, you’re flexing a muscle that hasn’t had a lot of exercise in a while! It just needs a bit of practice to warm up.

Most people never even take the kind of proactive steps you’ve already taken, so you’re SO far ahead of the game. 🙂

Jane L
    Participant

Hi all. I have found this course reaffirming, enlightening and pretty much wonderful. Understanding that I am Firestarter was relieving for me… I feel ok to be how I am (I thought there was something wrong me with and that I could never be happy in any job and that I was defective).

Interestingly, when I worked out my husband was a Thriver, a whole lot of things made sense to me about our relationship (I know that is totally not the point of the course). Him and I just didn’t get each other. AT ALL. I was talking to him about how stressed and anxious and sad I was about work and he was like “but just turn up and get your pay and go and don’t care about it so much. If you are sad and want to quit, just quit. you could always work at KFC – it would pay the bills” …it was causing incredible tension between us!! Of course as a firestarter I felt lonely and misunderstood 🙂 .

We just spent the last 24 hours talking to each other differently. I feel reconnected to him. He gets it, and Iknow why he thought KFC would be an ok job for someone with two degrees and he knows why I’m never satisfied and always want to change the world…. hahahahaha…awesome.

Kristen W

Jane,

Wow, thank you SO much for sharing this! I read your entire comment out-loud to Rachel and we both thought it was amazing.

You are SO not defective or weird for being a Firestarter — it’s actually way more common than you might think! Isn’t it such a massive relief to realize that there’s not a thing in the world wrong with you, you just need to be working in a different way than other people you know?? Honestly, that’s the biggest reason why we came up with the concept of Passion Profiles in the first place — to give people total permission to be who they are, and want what they want, without feeling weird or misunderstood.

And I can’t even tell you how much I love hearing that understanding Passion Profiles has opened up a whole new world of communication and understanding with your husband! Improving communication in marriages certainly wasn’t our initial intention when creating this course, but it’s the best bonus effect I’ve heard yet for how much impact understanding Passion Profiles can have on your entire life. 🙂

Thanks again for sharing this. It meant the world to us.

Jane L
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Kristen – it absolutely made my day. I’m so glad you enjoyed the experience I shared – your course is very powerful and life changing. The difference it has made to me and those around me already is proof of that. X

Kristen W

Thanks for such wonderful feedback, Jane! And I was so excited to see that you also joined us for the PPVE! Can’t wait to get started with that soon. 🙂

Anna E
    Participant

Seriously Jane L and Kristen W, I noticed the same thing with my hubby. I am a fire started and I am suspecting he is a thriver. I have been wanting to ask him to take the passion profile course so I could understand him better. I was just laid off of work (oil and gas industry) with a bunch of other people and I had been miserable at work for the past few years and he didn’t understand my reasons for feeling that way and it makes soon much more sense now! I think you all could create a course on communication between people with different passion profiles 🙂 Its funny because even though he hasn’t taken the test, I feel like I understand him better and I noticed that even with that, I am STILL making assumptions, like oh, he must be a thriver, therefore he doesn’t care about where we live or about buying a house at some point. And today he brought up that he wants to buy a house. I think this goes back to that concept of, even if you think you know what someone’s primary profile is, don’t put them in a box, use that as ways to become curious and open up when communicating with them to find out what they are thinking (i.e., don’t assume).

Also, I am struggling with defining the values that I think I need in my job. Is there a way to determine that they are needed in your job vs something else? Or what about a good way to determine what they mean to you? I am sure it is because I haven’t thought about it in this way before that I am stumped.
    Anna

Kristen W

Hey Anna! I absolutely love that you and Jane have had such similar experiences with your husbands! You may have planted a seed in my mind about creating a course about communication in relationships based on Passion Profiles … you’ve got the wheels in my head turning! 😉

I’m SO happy you brought up the point about not putting people in boxes (including yourself!) based on Passion Profiles — or any other type of assessment, for that matter! This is such a hugely important point, and I’m glad you’re recognizing yourself making those assumptions. That shows me just how much self-awareness you’ve already gained. Amazing!

Great question about identifying your values. I honestly don’t believe that your values will apply to only certain areas of your life. If you value Freedom, for example, you’re going to want it in ALL areas of your life, not just your job. Yes, there might be some values that you want MORE in your career than in other areas of your life (and vice versa), but they’ll all be applicable across your entire life.

As for how to define what certain values mean to you, start by asking yourself, “How does this value make me feel?” I’ll use Freedom again, as an example. If you ask yourself, “How does freedom feel to me?”, you might answer with words like “spacious,” “expansive,” “boundless,” “energized,” and “limitless.”

Hope that helps! Thanks for sharing.

Anna E
    Participant

Yay Kristen,
    I was hoping for a seed to be planted (yippee!), it is what I thought of when going through PPSC about how it would help with communication in relationships – coworkers, spouses, friends, family, etc. Looking forward to what you all come up with! Part of the reason for that is having been miserable in my job the past few years but having enjoyed it prior to then, the way the miserableness showed itself was through struggling with communication and not sure how it all ties together yet. I think I knew what I wanted before I had my son and then afterward I have struggled with that since. And maybe that lack of clarity was affecting my communication?!? Just thinking while typing.
    Interesting idea about using descriptive words to define what certain values mean to you. In the desire map, you come up with words for each area of your life and although I haven’t done that in detail, I have done it in general – i.e., how do you want to feel? So it would be tying those values to how you want to feel – and then maybe the application of that value in each area of your life might look different, but the root value is the same… hmmm…. I can see this as a visual map… this is good stuff! I am going to try it now and see what happens.
    I just wanted to let you all know that I appreciate your courses more than the career transition help through a well known company paid for by my company that just laid me off! I am not saying they won’t be helpful, but I really believe you all get to the root of the issues and provide a real way to pinpoint and be able to determine with clarity what we want and to describe well what that is which helps us to be able to communicate it to others.
    Anna

Kristen W

Anna — I freaking love the idea of tying your values with your Core Desired Feelings (so glad you’ve worked through The Desire Map — Danielle LaPorte is brilliant), and even making it into a visual map. I’m a very visual person, so this REALLY appeals to me. I’d love to hear how it goes after you give it a try!

And thank you so incredibly much about your feedback on our courses. It means more than you know. Rachel and I don’t believe in giving people quick-fix solutions, which means our programs are intended to go DEEP into the root causes of what’s not working for you and what you really want instead. Not everyone is willing to do the deep work, but it sounds like you’re more than willing to “go there.” And the great part is, you can’t go backward in self-awareness and consciousness — so all of this personal exploration and deep questioning you’re doing now is going to serve you not just in your next job, but for the rest of your life.

Thank you SO much for sharing this. Keep us updated with your progress! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.