Reply To: Introduce yourself

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Introduce yourself Reply To: Introduce yourself

Blair
Participant

Hello everyone!

My name is Blair, and I am from Baton Rouge, LA. I ran across Clarity on Fire a number of weeks ago. After taking the Passion Profile quiz (I am totally a Thriver) and watching the “How to Find Your Passion” video (and learning a new way of thinking about passion) my curiosity was piqued and I wanted to know more about what Rachel and Kristen had to say. After listening to a number of podcasts and sitting on it for a few weeks (I think things to death), I finally decided SCREW IT, lets do this thing, and signed up for the course.

I’ve had this obsession with “finding myself and my passion” for about four years now. I felt like I lost myself after I was pressured to quit working to stay home with my children. I felt even more lost after my husband left me when my children were only 1 and 2 years old. I’ve been stuck in “survival mode” for the last few years. I have a lot of limiting beliefs that I’ve been working on overcoming (worthiness and enoughness being at the top). I was convinced for the longest time ‘If I could just figure out what my passion is, that one THING that I’m supposed to be doing, I could finally be happy.’ I can see now that this way of thinking is completely wrong.

I’ve taken numerous other courses on finding your passion and leaving your soul-sucking jobs, and none of them have taken the approach PPSC takes. I’m very curious to see where this leads.

I’m hoping to get some clarity about which steps to take next (or even a general direction) by taking this course. My current job does not do a good job at all at fulfilling me in any way. I’ve felt like I’ve been stuck in a swampy muck for years, just walking in circles and not going anywhere, desperate to climb out. I’m hoping this course will at least offer me the first rung in the ladder.