Reply To: Share your experience

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Share your experience Reply To: Share your experience

Jeanie T
Participant

Hi Kristen and Rachel

Thank you for this work that you’re doing! It is inspiring and eye opening!

Reading my Fire Starter profile was like BAM! YES! this is me. I may also be a Thriver.. Or could just be burned out from working for a company for 9 years!! Yes 9 YEARS.

I have been “numbed out” for so long AND a people pleaser, it was really hard to dig up, uncover, any resemblance of my actual values and possible passions, in fact I had to remember that I was a Fire Starter essentially and what I think, lol. The other piece of my story is that I have a need for health insurance and I let limiting beliefs about that stop me from pursuing another line of work as well as what you mention in your recent blog post “The Danger of living a life that’s OK but not Great” that, “without any sort of big incentive to change, you can find yourself stuck in a no man’s land — where life isn’t getting worse, but it’s not getting any better either”.

The up and down side is that I am now super uncomfortable at work (was a bit uncomfortable and that’s why I found you ladies) and I keep finding other things (working to uncover what it is exactly that I can do that would really fit me) to do during me work day besides work… I am going to adjust my work day to 9-5 and ask to work from home a day a week.

So needless to say I am super excited about your Virtual Course and have been waiting for you to start the sign up! So glad the open enrollment date has been announced!

Really Grateful,
Jeanie