Reply To: Ask the experts

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Ask the experts Reply To: Ask the experts

Kristen W

Hey Kalei! Sorry for a super delayed response — I was on vacation for the last 2 weeks. I’m glad the idea to separate work from cultural excursions was helpful!

It sounds to me like you’re doing (and have done) as much as possible to see what’s available career-wise right now. You’ve researched, you’ve connected with the right people, and you’ve done the introspective work. And yet, as I was reading your message, I kept thinking, “Maybe this isn’t a time for working for you. Maybe — like you mentioned — this is a time to regroup, recharge, and plan for the next things.” If you gave yourself permission to NOT pursue working at this very moment, it could open up space and curiosity that may naturally lead you to the next right thing when it IS time to return to work. Just my two cents! 🙂

Oh, and I’m glad you loved that post on Analysis Paralysis! I definitely wrote from personal experience for that one. 😉