Reply To: Ask the experts

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Ask the experts Reply To: Ask the experts

kaleiv
Participant

Hi Kristen and Rachel,

I just finished your Short Course and I think it clarified a lot for me. I still don’t know exactly what I want to do in terms of a job title or company, but I am much more clear on what I want and don’t and why some previous jobs did not work out in the past (as well as why I went there.) After 15 years in the same industry doing pretty much the same job that was ok for the most part, I am now an involuntary expat housewife in a country where I don’t speak the language. When we go home I plan to start transitioning out of the industry I was in. While I’m an expat I’m trying to figure out what I want to do, acquire some knowledge to help with my transition, find people to do informational interviews with, and basically anything I can think of to prepare myself for the next journey in my career. The thing is, I am a tribe member primarily (with a healthy dose of thriver) and I am definitely feeling the drain of doing these assignments solo. What can I do to fulfill that part of me that wants some engagement? There are other expats around but everyone is doing their own thing or going on cultural excursions which I’m not opposed to but I really want to do things that help my career.