Reply To: Ask the experts

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Ask the experts Reply To: Ask the experts

Kristen W

Hi Gillian!

Thanks for so candidly sharing your struggle here, and I’m happy to hear that you’re planning to retake this course now that you’re in a different job. I think it might really help to hear this updated content with fresh eyes!

It makes perfect sense that you’re feeling discouraged and frustrated by your current job. You never truly wanted to get into finance in the first place, plus you clearly told your current company that you didn’t want to be in a customer service role from be beginning … and yet that seems to be a lot of what you’re now doing. Anyone would feel overwhelmed in that situation!

It also sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you’d like to be doing next. (And don’t worry about not having a set career title that you want — in my experience coaching hundreds of people, that’s the LEAST important part.) You’ve seen people in jobs that are attractive to you, which is incredibly helpful in clarifying your own path. Keep in mind, though, that even though you’re seeing many of those people in freelance jobs doesn’t mean that’s all that’s available in those fields. There are full-time remote jobs, long-term contract jobs, and all kinds of other options in both the social media and entertainment world. As you’re going back through this course, I want you to question the belief that “all of the jobs I’m interested in are freelance jobs,” and do some research to try and disprove that belief. I think seeing other, more stable options may bring you more hope that what you want really exists.

Enjoy the updated content in this course! 🙂