Reply To: Ask the experts

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Ask the experts Reply To: Ask the experts

Abby G
Participant

Hi Kristen,

It’s me, again. In need of some advice, again.

I ended up taking a new position about a month and a half ago. The offer was great-better pay, more vacation, closer to home- but am finding myself in the exact same boat now that I do with every job I take. Feeling bored, un-enthused, and trapped. I run out of work to do and as someone who likes to be busy and values achievement and constant learning, boredom is my worst enemy.

The first few weeks or months of a new job are always great and exciting, until the newness wears off and I find that I have no lingering interest in the company, industry, role, etc. With each new job I take I hope that things will be different, but they never are. In fact, I am starting to find that the initial time period of finding a new job exciting is quickly declining with each job hop.

I feel helpless. I know I want to experience something different but I just don’t know what that is. I like the stability and security of a normal job, but I don’t know if I’ll ever find a job that I can stick with. Wondering if I would be better off working for myself…..My Passion Profile was Side Hustler and I believe I have an overlap with Thriver as well.

Thanks in advance!

Abby