Reply To: Ask the experts

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Ask the experts Reply To: Ask the experts

Kristen W

Mariko,

I’m so glad you’re starting to let go of the guilt you’ve felt about not being totally fulfilled in your career, despite the fact that you’re helping a lot of people. I’ve come to realize that we ALL want to help others — it’s a big source of our fulfillment — but there are endless ways that you can be helping people, and most of those ways won’t be particularly fulfilling for you. That’s OK! That’s why it’s so great that there are so many different people in this world with so many different passions. There’s a great famous quote that you may have heard that sums this up perfectly: “Vocation is the place where our deep gladness meets the world’s deep need.”

I love all of the ideas you’ve listed already! There are absolutely ways to monetize any of those ideas (although some of them you may want to do purely for fun!). I’m so glad that you’re learning to narrow down your options in a way that feels authentic, encouraging, and energizing so that you can release some of the overwhelm you’ve been feeling. That’s huge progress! I think it’s amazing how you’ve stuck with this process and really put a lot into this course, and it makes me so happy to hear how much you’re getting out of it in return.

You’re SO on the right track! 🙂 I hope you’ll come back and share more updates after you explore some of these options you’re considering!