Reply To: Ask the experts

Create New Account Forums Passion Profile Short Course Ask the experts Reply To: Ask the experts

Kristen W

Hi Mariko,

I’m glad to know you’re feeling better already just knowing you’re not alone! Isn’t there something so validating about reading other people’s stories and knowing you’re not the only one questioning these kinds of things about your career?

It’s totally understandable that you’re feeling frustrated by your recent diagnosis — that’s really challenging. Anyone would feel agitated by the limitations this is creating in your life, but especially a Side Hustler who loves to be active, busy, and meaningfully occupied. No wonder this this feeling so difficult for you!

What I’ve found to be true for most Side Hustlers (and you can let me know if this describes you) is that they love to be stimulated and constantly learning. So to answer your question, I would say that Side Hustlers who can’t run around like the energizer bunny could still meet their Side Hustler needs by keeping their mind challenged, stimulated, and active. Your body may need extra rest and rejuvenation right now, but that doesn’t mean your mind can’t still be learning, creating, and accomplishing things just as much as it always has! I recommend finding ways to learn, stretch your mind, and flex your creative muscle, without pushing your physical limits too far. That could look like taking a class, turning your physical therapy knowledge into a virtual program, or anything else that comes to mind for you!

Hope that helps! I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.